This discuss started with a definition of *innovation* which is the process of translating an idea or invention into a good or service that creates value or for which customers will pay.
Innovations are divided into two broad categories:
1. Evolutionary innovations (continuous or dynamic evolutionary innovation) that brought about by many incremental advances in technology or processes.
2. Revolutionary innovations (also called discontinuous innovations) which are often disruptive and new. To be called an innovation, an idea must be replicable at an economical cost and must satisfy a specific need. Several examples were given.
The second part of the Goal 9 is Infrastructure : It is defined as the basic physical and organizational structures and facilities (e.g. buildings, roads, power supplies) needed for the operation of a society or enterprise.
• Innovation is growing in Africa.
• Inadequate technology in Africa has caused a lot of setbacks to its growth
• African youths need to be empowered with the right mind set and tools in other to be innovative.
• Infrastructure is made up of hard ware and software.
• This two systems are vital to a country’s economic development and prosperity.
• Government support is very key but private individuals should also lend a huge hand.
• Infrastructure e is need to start at the grassroots levels.
• Inadequate infrastructure leads to lack of information, basic needs and also creating a major barrier to doing business.
• Government support and fundings is not as effective and adequate as it is meant to be. Political instabilities, riots, civil wars.
• No continuity of government projects.
• Lack of provision of capitals and funds from government or private companies for people who want to have a startups.
• No scholarship and educational opportunities especially in the rural areas to equip young and talented teens and youths.
• Create an enabling ground for innovation to thrive and we should move our popular attitude towards development the grassroots.
• Let’s not forget to preach sustainability of available infrastructure
• Goal 9 should be tailored to allow citizens take responsibilities of Goal 9 sustainable
• Our policy makers need a lot to do and not just from policy making big implementation of good policies that will bring that revolution in our education system.
Innovative minds should be encouraged
• We have to tackle this issue from changing individual mind set toward social infrastructure available.
• Sincere Projects that will be impacting and not for figure heads.
• Sustainability- By making sure the projects is owned by the people of the immediate community • Adequate education on alternatives to the old ways of doing things* will encourage the use of innovative and modern facilities. Eg. Farming, Cooking etc.
• Infrastructure should also reach the rural areas, it would resolve this issue of over congestion in a particular urban area.
• Creating avenues for teens in rural areas get opportunities to be the best they can be.
• Our campaign has to be that of community outreach.
Complied by HAJI and OPEYEMI.